*Must be a Post-Secondary Student Returning in September or Entering in September*
Locally owned & operated bike shop Cycle Solutions is currently searching for a Special Events Coordinator for the summer who is looking to be an integral part of a team, willing to contribute positively to a close knit working environment within a fast-paced local business!
As well as developing knowledge of cycling, running, and the applicable events we offer that go along with these sports, the ideal candidate will also be an outgoing individual able to cultivate trusting relationships with the many customers that are involved with our events. Essentially this position is responsible for all aspects of event management under direction of the Manager.
We want the employee to provide energy and enthusiasm for the projects and duties to motivate other employees and student staff. A keen interest in the outdoors and physical activity is key!
Planning and Production
• Assist with negotiations to book event space, arrange food and beverage (if required), order supplies and equipment, order event signs, and assist with finding volunteers and/or paid staffing as required for each event to meet the quality expectations of the West Coast Cycling Association
• Create and revised layouts for each event.
• Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Create and revise layouts for each event.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Serve as liaison with vendors & other officials on event-related matters.
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Prepare nametags, materials, packages, registration lists, etc.
• Close out all events as required.
• Assist with marketing and social media for summer events, taking pictures and posting on social media, as directed
If you’re interested in this position, please send along a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call (709)634-7100.