Tenerife, Gros Morne (near the Tablelands)
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – Fellowship of the Rings
When travelling in the outdoors, you never know where your adventures will take you. Backcountry skis allow you to explore places you never thought possible. You can ski up any hill and float your way down on some powder, as long as you have the right equipment to take you there.
G3 Findr 78 XCD Skis
Designed specifically for the traditionalist, the FINDr XCD 78 has a classic sidecut ideal for exploring new areas and terrain with the XCD base grip.
- Textured co-extruded nylon topsheet – durable & sheds snow/ice
- PolyUrethane sidewall – durability & dampness
- Full thickness hardened steel edges – corrosion & dent resistant
- Triaxial glass – torsion, flex & value
- 3D shaped Poplar Paulownia wood core – light & high performance
- Full thickness base – durable, long-lasting & fast
- Titanal aluminum mounting plate – mount integrity & dampness
Follow this link to see a video of these skis in action: CLICK HERE.
Madshus Annum 78
The Annum 78 is the widest ski in the Madshus backcountry line. With a deeper, progressive sidecut, this Nordic ski turns smoothly, and its metal edges are there to boost your confidence off-trail. Our Omnitrack® waxless base lets you kick, glide, and climb during long tours through changing conditions. The Annum 78 is a genuine blend of Madshus Nordic heritage and modern exploration.
WEIGHT: 2622g/185cm (pair)
Madshus Eon 62
The Eon 62 Nordic Ski is the classic bridge between Madshus Nordic heritage and innovative downhill design. The Eon has more camber and a narrower platform than the Epoch or Annum, with the same reliable Omnitrack® waxless base, making it the perfect blend of efficiency and versatility for off-trail travel.
- LENGTH: 165-195/10cm
- SIDECUT: 83-62-70mm
- WEIGHT: 2026g/185cm (pair)
- CORE: Multicore
- BASE: Omnitrak®
G3 Via Poles
G3’s toughest adjustable ski touring pole, the Via is a true work horse. It boasts the same features as the Via Carbon, but with a lightweight and durable 7075 Aluminum upper and lower shaft.
- Grip It & Rip It – Ergonomic dual density plastic grip shaped for comfort & precision.
- QuickFlick Utility Tab – Flick your binding risers or buckles with ease. Also aids in precise pole plants. Hard plastic eyelet yields one of 2 attachment points for drying gloves or attaching tent lines.
- Backcountry Strap – Comfortable, form fitting, and easily removable for skiing in avalanche terrain.
- Side Hill Grip – Lightweight and simple lower grip position for side-hill ski touring.
- Reliable Connections – Burly forged Aluminum lever with a simple and easy to use offset cam gives you a reliable and sturdy connection between pole sections.
- Asymetric Powder Basket – Reduces drag & eliminates cantilever effect in hard pack snow or while doing steep terrain kick turns. Easier to hook binding heel lifts up and down.
- Flex Ferrules – Protects lower shaft. Easily replaceable.
- Carbide Tip – Grips securely on ice and rock. Provides long term durability.
- Trekking / Snag Proof Basket – Comes with extra trekking baskets for spring/summer use.