Cycle Solutions is currently searching for a tour + wilderness guide who wants to be an integral part of a team and is willing to contribute positively to a close-knit working environment within a fast-paced local business! As well as a developing knowledge of cycling, caving, and the applicable tours we offer, the ideal candidate will also be an outgoing individual able to cultivate trusting relationships with the many fine customers that come through our doors. This position offers opportunities in an expanding tour business and developing industry networks.
Duties will include:
- Guiding within Western Newfoundland, specifically throughout Corner Brook + Gros Morne National Park.
- Willing to develop a working knowledge of all tours offered by Cycle Solutions including routes for caving, mountain bike, road bike, and hiking tours.
- Be able to complete all necessary bookings for tours and keeping Cycle Solutions staff informed of tours.
- Able to prepare necessary paperwork and equipment prior to tour event.
- Keep track of rentals and coordinate schedule
- Guide must be able to complete periodic reports on tours as requested by the supervisor
- Mandatory certification in wilderness first aid, all other advanced emergency care certifications are an asset.
- Guide is fully insured through Cycle Solutions.
- Hours will vary and there may be other duties
- Seasonal position
If you are an enthusiastic, passionate, dedicated individual who loves adventure, then drop us a line!
Please submit a resume (including references) to:
or call 634-7100 for further information on this position.
It’s Springtime and people are eyeing up some new bikes for the 2017 season. We here at Cycle Solutions want to make it easier for you to reach your cycling goals, so this year we’re starting up the first annual Bike Swap + Expo! Here’s how it’ll work….
You bring us your old bike and we’ll sell it for you! It’s that simple. The money from that sale will go onto your account and can be put towards a new bike or gear.
Here are the nitty gritty details:
- Bike owners will get 100% of the sale of their used bike as in-store credit
- Bike owners give us a set range for how much they’d like to sell their bike for (e.g between $80 to $100) and the staff at Cycle Solutions will negotiate on their behalf.
- Bike must be in good working order OR bike owner has to pay for it to be serviced OR include that in the price for the new owner to pay.
- Bikes can be dropped off at any time, but once they are dropped off, they have to stay here until they are sold or until May 20th. Bike owner must present photo ID in order to drop off bike
- If the bike is not sold by Saturday, May 20th, then they must be picked up by the end of the day on Monday, May 22nd. If they are not, you’ll be charged a storage fee of $10.
- Cycle Solutions is not liable for condition of bike or any subsequent issues that may arise. We are merely a selling agent and do not represent the owner
- HST will be applied to the sale of the used bike
Cycle Solutions will also be highlighting some of our new bikes and will have ongoing sales throughout the two weeks. Stay tuned to our social media pages because we’ll be posting about the used bikes that come in and the new bikes that you may want to invest in.
Cycle Solutions, your locally owned and operated bike shop on Newfoundland’s West Coast, is currently seeking a full-time Service Technician. Read More
*Must be a Post-Secondary Student Returning in September or Entering in September*
Locally owned & operated bike shop Cycle Solutions is currently searching for a Special Events Coordinator for the summer who is looking to be an integral part of a team, willing to contribute positively to a close knit working environment within a fast-paced local business!
As well as developing knowledge of cycling, running, and the applicable events we offer that go along with these sports, the ideal candidate will also be an outgoing individual able to cultivate trusting relationships with the many customers that are involved with our events. Essentially this position is responsible for all aspects of event management under direction of the Manager.
We want the employee to provide energy and enthusiasm for the projects and duties to motivate other employees and student staff. A keen interest in the outdoors and physical activity is key!
Planning and Production
• Assist with negotiations to book event space, arrange food and beverage (if required), order supplies and equipment, order event signs, and assist with finding volunteers and/or paid staffing as required for each event to meet the quality expectations of the West Coast Cycling Association
• Create and revised layouts for each event.
• Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Create and revise layouts for each event.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Serve as liaison with vendors & other officials on event-related matters.
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Prepare nametags, materials, packages, registration lists, etc.
• Close out all events as required.
• Assist with marketing and social media for summer events, taking pictures and posting on social media, as directed
If you’re interested in this position, please send along a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call (709)634-7100.
Cycle Solutions is looking for a part-time technician to begin as soon as possible!
The Service Technician position encompasses aspects of incoming and outgoing repairs, including reporting to the Service Manager during training, ensuring all aspects of the position are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The following duties outline the position as they change as the business grows…
Effective immediately, Cycle Solutions is looking for a part-time sales associate to begin as soon as possible. If you see the ad here, then we are still looking!
Here’s what we need: Read More
Happy 2017, friends! We hope you’ve enjoyed it thus far. The winter has been spectacular this year, with fat biking and skiing galore — both at Blow Me Down, and in the backcountry of our beautiful Western Newfoundland.
We’ve been enjoying it, and hope you have to. But all things must come to an end, and as the snow melts we’ll be hitting the roads and trails in a big way this year! So, without further ado, here is what our events calendar looks like for the coming 2017 spring, summer and fall! Read More
It’s time to start riding fat, friends!
The benefits of a good winter ride are far reaching, no matter your background. The Fat Biking craze hasn’t caught on as a lark — it’s practical for many different reasons, and we’ll take a second of your time to outline them all below.
Winter Adventure: One of the primary reasons fat bikes are popular now is because of their ability to float in snow, making for yet another great winter sport — and means of commuting. If you’re looking to save some money on gas but can’t ride your spring/ summer commuter, then think of adding a Fat Bike into your arsenal! This versatile ride can handle anything you throw at it, which includes the salty slush of a wintry Main St. It’ll get you from point A to B faster than if you decided to run or walk, and it’ll keep your fitness in check along the way… Read More
Winter is here! We have plenty of soft powder to play in, and couldn’t be more excited to get out and have a blast. It’s going to be an awesome season, and we’ve got a quick schedule of events for you to mark off on your calendars! Read More