Western Environment Centre and Cycle Solutions are teaming up for….
The Corner Brook Electric Bike Share!
Click here to watch a quick instructional video on our electric bicycles!
An electric bike (e-bike) is a unique vehicle, incorporating the benefits of both a bicycle and a motor vehicle. Unlike a regular bicycle, an e-bike allows the rider to choose the amount of effort she/he exerts, therefore allowing them to get exercise if desired, but also to move quickly up hills with minimal effort when needed.
An e-bike rider can comfortably get to work or school without breaking a sweat, but can also enjoy the benefits of bicycling in the fresh air with some light exercise. An improvement over walking, the e-bike can be almost as quick as driving in many instances, particularly in rush hour when certain roads come to a near standstill.
Our project will contribute to a culture of commuting by bicycle by providing a new, more convenient and affordable form of transportation to residents, and by running a campaign that encourages and celebrates active transportation. Want to help even more? Consider sponsoring the pilot project!
Season: May 1 to end of October (end date is weather dependent)
Cost: $20 per day or $80 per week
- Cycle Solutions (35 West Street)
- Daily rentals: Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Weekly rentals: Monday-Saturday from 9:00am-5:00pm
Who can ride:
- Must be 16 or older and must know how to ride a bike
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or proof of completion of the WEC bicycle safety course
- Must pay rental fee with valid credit card.